Sunday, August 17, 2008

Looking Science-y

Cultures Bubbling

My dad and I poking our heads through submarine holes.

Trying to crank the propeller of the Hunley.

So my parents will both be happy to know that today marks the completion of a long awaited experiment. No, I don't know what the big hold up was, but I'm glad to finally have accomplished something in my years at grad school. The photos are of my looking all science-y and part of the experimental set-up: Symbiodinium cultures being bubbled with air. In the next week I plan on spending more long days in the lab to analyze the plethora of samples that I collected. Hopefully a pattern emerges. My dad and stepmom were in town this weekend and I had a wonderful visit! We went to see the HL Hunley which I shockingly enjoyed! I am not a huge history buff as I do terribly with remembering dates. But I really enjoyed the story of the sub.On top of that, we ate many great meals and I have discovered my love of tilefish as well as rediscovered the wonders of creme brulee - the best desert in the world. That will be all for now considering I have a movie date to get to. If you havent seen Saved, I suggest you do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Best Things in Life are Free***People say that nothing in life is free. Well that may have been the case for the old school internet marketers, but the age of information has changed the way people look at things like this beyond belief. http://www.ourtips.info/postlaunchprofits.phpPeople go to the internet, with the intention of making money and that is their only intention. This may have been okay when the Internet was in its infancy, but now the internet has matured and the fossils have been left behind. By the fossils, I mean the people that just want to sell, sell, sell. They dont want to help you make money, they just want to take it.One of, and if not the most important things to do today, is to help people and give them as much information as possible. Thats right, give them the information. That means for free! Once you have done this, they will be willing and wanting to give you their money, because they know that you are the real deal and know what you are doing is in their best interests.I cannot emphasize strongly enough, the fact that you should give away free information, that contains great content, before you try and start to make money. If you go on the internet and just try to sell an information product (or anything for that matter), then you are going to be very disappointed in the results. Establishing yourself in any business is the key to success, so make sure you can create quality free products and help people.If you give away good advice and the know how of a good business, then people will want to learn more and they will come back to you, because you have already told them what they need to know and have build up a friendly relationship with them.If someone just has to pay for advice from you, then you are not going to be noticed as much as if you give away that piece of advice or knowledge. Then they will look at your stuff with more than a glancing interest even though you are not giving away everything. This means that you can follow up that advice, which they will want to pay you for.There is no such thing as a free lunch, but with dedication and help (that can be free), anyone can make a successful business on the internet, so the importance of the freebie is undoubtedly more important than the initial sale, especially if you build a list on the back end.http://www.ourtips.info/postlaunchprofits.phpThe best things in life are free andPost Launch Profits Secrets is one of them.http://www.ourtips.info/postlaunchprofits.php

Max Miller 4th Grade said...

thats my sister.